The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River near Arkansas City
* until late Friday night.
* At 8:00 PM Wednesday the stage was 40.2 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 37.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue falling and will fall below
flood stage Friday March 23.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 40.4 feet
on may 26 2009.
* Impact... at 40.0 feet... the low Silt plain in front of Arkansas City
and Huntington Point Mississippi is underwater. Several river
access roads are also impassable.
* Impact... at 37.0 feet... the low Silt plain in front of Arkansas City
inside the levee system begins to flood along with widespread
bottomland flooding at Huntington Point Mississippi.
* Impact... at 35.0 feet... the Road to Donaldson Point is cut off.
Flood observed forecast 7 am crest
location stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Arkansas City 37 40.2 Wed 08 PM 39.4 37.8 35.5 falling
Lat... Lon 3340 9128 3357 9128 3413 9108 3412 9066
3358 9106 3340 9105
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Desha Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 8:33 PM CDT Mar. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service