... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM to 8 PM MDT Saturday for
gusty winds and low relative humidity for fire weather zone
413 above 6500 feet elevation...
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a red flag
warning for gusty winds and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from 1 PM to 8 PM MDT Saturday. The Fire Weather Watch is
no longer in effect.
* Affected area... fire weather zone 413 Caribou Range/Caribou nf.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 8 percent.
* Impacts... these weather conditions, combined with extremely
dry and receptive fuels, can mean rapid spread rates, high
fire intensity, and produce extreme fire behavior such as fire
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly based on these criteria
for southeastern idaho:
* relative humidity at or below 15 percent and wind gusts of at
least 25 mph in the mountains, or 30 mph in the snake plain.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Caribou Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 11:40 AM MDT Sep. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service