... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 9 am CST Thursday...
* what... mixed precipitation expected. Ice accumulations of less
than one tenth of an inch... with the highest amounts along and
southwest of a Rushville to Taylorville line.
* Where... portions of central, east central and west central
* When... until 9 am CST Thursday.
* Additional details... plan on slippery Road conditions,
including during the morning commute on Thursday. Be prepared
for reduced visibilities at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
The latest Road conditions for Illinois can be obtained by
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Scott Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:41 PM CST Feb. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
Issued: 1:22 PM CST Feb. 21, 2018 – National Weather Service
The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Illinois River at Valley City
* from Friday evening until further notice.
* At 12:30 PM Wednesday the stage was 8.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by Friday evening
and crest near 20.7 feet by Wednesday morning.
Additional rises are possible thereafter.
* Impact: at 14.0 feet... the Road to norbut fish and wildlife area is
Fld latest 7 a.M. Forecast
location stg obs stg 02/22 02/23 02/24 02/25 02/26
Valley City 14.0 8.08 10.1 12.6 15.2 17.3 19.2
Lat... Lon 3977 9067 3977 9053 3952 9052 3952 9064