the Flood Warning has been extended for
the Kankakee River at Davis
* until Saturday March 03.
* At 8 PM Saturday the stage was 12.9 feet and steady.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will fall below the 10.0 foot flood stage
around 3 PM Friday March 2.
* At 13.0 feet... extensive agricultural flooding is in progress.
* This crest compares to a previous crest of 13.0 feet which occurred
on Feb 21 2018.
Lat... Lon 4145 8667 4144 8661 4130 8673 4131 8679
1142 PM EST Fri Feb 23 2018
The National Weather Service in northern Indiana has extended the
* Flood Warning for urban areas and small streams in...
Elkhart County in North Central Indiana...
St. Joseph County in North Central Indiana...
Pulaski County in northwestern Indiana...
Starke County in northwestern Indiana...
Marshall County in North Central Indiana...
La Porte County in northwestern Indiana...
Cass County in southwestern Michigan...
Berrien County in southwestern Michigan...
* until 1145 am EST Sunday/1045 am CST Sunday/
* trained spotters and emergency management continued to report some
flooding and closed roads across the Flood Warning area. Areal
flooding has improved in some locations, but several roads remain
closed due to standing water across the area. Significant flooding
continues along streams and rivers. Additional rainfall from early
Saturday morning through Saturday night of one quarter to one half
inch is expected. If locally higher rainfall amounts are received,
some renewed lowland flooding will be possible. Significant
flooding of locations near streams and rivers will likely continue
into early next week.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
South Bend, Elkhart, Mishawaka, Goshen, Michigan City, La Porte,
Niles, Benton Harbor, Plymouth, St. Joseph, Nappanee, Dowagiac,
Westville, Bremen, Buchanan, Knox, Georgetown, Winamac, Trail Creek
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
Stay away or be swept away. River banks and culverts can become
unstable and unsafe.
Lat... Lon 4207 8622 4207 8576 4180 8576 4177 8579
4176 8566 4144 8566 4144 8606 4117 8606
4117 8646 4091 8647 4091 8693 4171 8693
4176 8680 4193 8659 4211 8649 4224 8637
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
La Porte Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Issued: 8:57 PM CST Feb. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service