... Flood Warning extended until Saturday March 31... the Flood Warning
the Mississippi River at Baton Rouge.
* Until Saturday March 31.
* At 9:00 am Thursday the stage was 43.4 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 35.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river has already crested and is expected to fall
to around 40.7 feet by Tuesday March 27th.
* Impact... at 43.0 feet... shipping and Industrial activities are
significantly affected. Unprotected low-lying areas will be flooded
and agricultural operations will be impacted on the west side of
the river. The city of Baton Rouge is protected by levees at this
* Impact... at 40.0 feet... the grounds of the older part of Louisiana
state university's Campus become soggy. This includes the area
around the veterinary medicine building, the veterinary medicine
annex, the stadium and Ball fields. The city of Baton Rouge and the
main lsu Campus are protected by levees at this level.
Lat... Lon 3035 9113 3032 9130 3071 9159 3074 9130
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
West Baton Rouge Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:40 AM CDT Mar. 22, 2018 – National Weather Service