The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Vicksburg
* until Monday afternoon.
* At 8:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 49.3 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 43.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue falling.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 48.5 feet
on may 25 2017.
* Impact... at 49.5 feet... in Vicksburg, the west side of Thompson Lake
Road up to the Railroad is inundated.
* Impact... at 49.0 feet... the river reaches Hall Road at Cedars Road
and the edge of Cedars school Circle on the west side in Vicksburg.
Vicksburg floodwall gate at China street is closed.
* Impact... at 48.0 feet... culverts in south Vicksburg west of Highway
61 south are full. Low lying businesses near the Railroad begin to
take on water.
* Impact... at 47.8 feet... Vicksburg floodwall gate at Clay street is
* Impact... at 46.8 feet... letourneau technologies experiences flooding
problems. Vicksburg floodwallgate number 7 at lumber yard is
* Impact... at 46.5 feet... portions of Highway 465, Eagle Lake Road and
several houses are underwater. Portions of letourneau Road in south
Vicksburg are flooded.
* Impact... at 46.0 feet... water level reaches the grain bins at the
bunge grain facility.
* Impact... at 45.2 feet... Vicksburg floodwall gate at south street is
* Impact... at 45.0 feet... Ford and Kings subdivision at Williams
street begin to flood.
Flood observed forecast 7 am crest
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Vicksburg 43 49.3 Tue 08 PM 48.9 48.3 47.5 falling
Lat... Lon 3193 9129 3227 9105 3277 9123 3278 9101
3226 9086 3187 9114
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Jefferson Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:02 PM CDT Mar. 20, 2018 – National Weather Service