... Flood Warning extended until further notice for
the Chickasawhay at Leakesville
* from early Saturday morning until further notice.
* At 10 am Wednesday the stage was 13.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 20 feet.
* Forecast to rise above flood stage by early Saturday morning and continue to
rise near 23.5 feet by Monday evening. Additional rises are possible
* At 20 feet... flooding of lowlands will occur.
* At 22 feet... flooding of lowlands continues and some roads in low lying
areas become cut off by high water.
Lat... Lon 3144 8857 3144 8846 3108 8854 3098 8873
3100 8875 3110 8858
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
George Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 11:26 AM CST Feb. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
Dense Fog Advisory
Issued: 1:52 PM CST Feb. 20, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 am CST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Mobile has issued a dense fog
advisory, which is in effect until 9 am CST Thursday.
* Visibility... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Impacts... dense fog can create hazardous driving conditions.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving, slow down, use
your headlights, and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.