... Wind Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM MST
* Location... Sangre de Cristo Mountains.
* Winds... west to southwest 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
* Timing... winds will increase early tonight, becoming strong by
midnight, remaining strong most of Sunday before diminishing
late in the afternoon.
* Visibility... locally reduced in blowing snow.
* Local impacts... drivers of vans, campers, trailers, and other
high profile vehicles should exercise extreme caution. This is
especially true with cross winds, including U.S. Highway 64
between Eagle Nest and Angel Fire, and State Road 38 between
Red River and Eagle Nest.
Motorists should exercise caution while travelling. Sudden gusts
of wind may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Extra
attention should be given to cross winds.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
East Slopes Sangre de Cristo Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 2:36 PM MST Feb. 17, 2018 – National Weather Service