... High Wind Warning remains in effect until 9 PM MST this
* location... Southwest Mountains, Sandia/Manzano Mountains,
Estancia valley, Central Highlands, south Central Highlands,
upper Tularosa Valley, south central mountains, Guadalupe
County, Quay County, Curry County, Roosevelt County, De Baca
County, Chaves County plains, eastern Lincoln County,
southwest Chaves County.
* Winds... sustained from the northwest at 30 to 45 mph with
occasional gusts of 55 to 65 mph.
* Timing... winds will peak in intensity through the afternoon.
Winds will begin decreasing in speed this evening.
* Visibility... areas of blowing dust may cause visibility
reductions down to 5 miles in portions of the eastern plains.
In addition, visibility may be reduced to less than one mile
in blowing snow across the higher terrain of the central and
* Local impacts... strong Crosswinds will exist on southwest-to-
northeast oriented roads. High profile vehicles will be
exposed to dangerous driving conditions. Gusts to 65 mph may
cause damage to vulnerable trees and structures.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Central Highlands Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 11:50 AM MST Jan. 18, 2019 – National Weather Service