... High Wind Warning in effect from 8 am this morning to 6 PM MST
The National Weather Service in Albuquerque has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from 8 am this morning to 6 PM
MST this evening. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Location... Central Highlands, south central mountains, northeast
Highlands, eastern San Miguel County, Guadalupe County, Quay
County and eastern Lincoln County.
* Winds... west 25 to 40 mph with gusts up to 55 or 60 mph.
* Timing... strong winds will increase rapidly this morning and
persist through the afternoon hours before diminishing.
* Visibility... reduced visibilities in patchy blowing dust will
* Local impacts... drivers of high profile vehicles will
experience difficult driving conditions. Strong and potentially
dangerous Crosswinds will impact north to south oriented roads.
Remember, a High Wind Warning means damaging winds are imminent
or highly likely. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or
gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Lincoln County Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Warning
Issued: 3:02 AM MST Feb. 16, 2019 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Warning
Issued: 1:16 PM MST Feb. 16, 2019 – National Weather Service
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 7 PM CST /6 PM MST/
this evening for southeast New Mexico, the west and northwest
Permian Basin, the upper trans Pecos and the Stockton plateau...
* affected area... southeast New Mexico, the west and northwest
Permian Basin,the upper trans Pecos and Stockton plateau.
* Wind... west 20 to 35 mph with higher gusts 40 to 55 mph.
* Humidity... 10 to 15 percent.
* Fire danger... very high.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now or will shortly.