The Flood Warning continues for
the Sulphur river near Talco, Texas.
* Until Friday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 1045 am Monday the stage was 23.6 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 20 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 25.5 feet by
Tuesday early afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage
* Impact... at 26.0 feet... expect moderate flooding of lowland areas
with some secondary roadways closed. All cattle and equipment
nearby the river should be moved to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3338 9530 3341 9488 3331 9466 3326 9466 3331 9478
958 am CDT Mon Sep 24 2018
... The Flood Warning extended until Thursday afternoon... the Flood
Warning continues for
the Red River near DeKalb, texat at Pecan Point.
* From this evening to Thursday afternoon... or until the warning is
* At 900 am Monday the stage was 19.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 24 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage this Monday evening and continue to rise
to near 26.0 feet by Tuesday early afternoon. The river will fall
below flood stage by Wednesday evening.
* Impact... at 27.0 feet... flooding of some two thousand acres of flood
plain occur. Ranchers should move livestock and equipment to higher
ground. Moderate to severe bank erosion occurs.
Lat... Lon 3397 9516 3367 9448 3359 9448 3367 9475 3391 9516
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Red River Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:58 AM CDT Sep. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service